Malware removal tools
Cyber security is maintained not only by anti-virus applications but by malware elimination tools as well. There is a wide range of malware removal utilities available on the Internet. Their main purpose is to fully terminate the virus if an anti-spyware program does not succeed in preventing the infection. Usually, they come in handy when the cyber threat has already started its malicious activities.
The main reasons why anti-virus utilities might not block infections
While anti-virus utilities rarely fail to cease the cyber attack, there are cases. The reasons for such phenomenon vary:
- The security software does not detect viruses due to expired virus definitions
- Brand new versions of the cyber infection are published
- The viruses possessing complex features shut down the anti-virus tools
You can choose from a broad diversity of malware elimination applications which do not require any additionals fees. Nonetheless, some of the utilities might require you to remit a small amount of money in order to remove specific malware. Note that free applications might be as powerful as the full versions. It mainly depends on manufacturer which tool is better. As malware removal programs differ in their operation, they also focus on different infections. One of the key advantages of these tools is that they identify the type of the virus and apply necessary techniques to terminate it. While there are universal applications, usually, you might encounter programs which deal with each type of malware separately. Here are some examples of the viruses targeted by malware termination tools:
- Trojans pretend to be legitimate files. Complex disguise helps to sneak past the detection of security tools. Once the infiltration is complete, they execute their menacing commands to locate personal information: full name, address, credit card information, and login data of various accounts. The infections often happen to be the mediators of ransomware threats as well.
- Computer worms. They can occupy the device after a user accidentally clicks on the infected link or downloads the corrupted application. The most distinguishable feature – it infects users‘ accounts and sends the infected links to all his contacts disguising under the name of the infected user. Facebook video virus is a perfect example of this category. In addition, computer worms may also help other infections, such as backdoors and rootkits enter the device.
- Adware. These cyber infections come in the form of rogue applications or files which inject their malignant scripts on the victim‘s browser. As a result, his or her computer screen gets overcrowded with various bothersome advertisements, banners, and coupons. Tech support scams, which present the fake system errors and convince users to call the crooks, also belong to this category.
- Browser hijackers. They usually happen to be search engines which tend to redirect you to partner websites before guiding to a preferred destination. Excessive advertising is also a distinctive characteristic of these PUPs.
- Ransomware. Specifically, it is a file-encrypting malware. With the help of elaborate encryption algorithms, it encodes users‘ documents. Since the private key is required to decrypt the files, the hackers demand ransom in exchange for it.
- Other computer viruses. This category encompasses a variety of cyber infections, such as rootkits, backdoors, exploit kits, etc.
Anti-virus vs malware removal utilities. What is the difference?
The anti-virus tools mainly focus on the prevention of cyber attacks. In contrast to them, malware elimination programs deal with the aftermath of those assaults. They are not designed to protect you from the virus prior the infiltration. Therefore, the majority of them are in full compatibility with an anti-virus application, so they do not interfere with each other‘s performance. Simplicity and convenient usage are other primary benefits of malware removal utilities.
Our website presents a list of most efficient tools so you can download them directly from here. Keep in mind that the Internet is full of fake anti-spyware tools and programs. Carelessly installing any program without getting acquainted with its operation peculiarities might expose you to virtual threats. It is of utmost importance that you download the programs from the official websites. Other user reviews might be of great significance helping you to evade the corrupted software. Moreover, either malware removal tools or anti-spyware applications separately do not provide such protection as the combination of these two programs. It would better to maintain the applications of these two types alongside.
Efficient malware elimination software
Adware Removal Tool is designed for dealing wit adware-type infections. Furthermore, it is not only beneficial in confronting adware programs but it can effectively terminate browser hijackers, malicious plug-ins, and toolbars as well. The latter PUPs utilise more aggressive techniques, so this software is the reliable tool to decontaminate them. It also removes all related registry keys and scripts completely.
Furthermore, AdwareMedic is another alternative battling potentially unwanted programs. It provides scanning services. After completing the scan process, it delivers the details of discovered items and points their location. You can easily monitor the process and choose the method of elimination.
Novirus team only suggests the tested malware elimination tools, so you do not need to worry about their reliability and effectiveness. They are created for eliminating the cyber threats without inflicting any damage to your personal data stored on the device. Lastly, do not forget that anti-spyware programs will not be as effective as you expect if you do not update them regularly.
Latest Software Reviews
Additional information added on 2016-10-27