Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet virus Removal Guide
Description of Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet ransomware
Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet is out to play a game with your files
Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet virus has emerged as one of the improved versions of Dharma ransomware. Since the emergence of this malware, Dharma has already evolved into a major threat. Fortunately, the virus researchers have managed to curb the latter threat and release Dharma Decryptor. However, such counterattack does not shatter cyber criminals‘ determination to release new versions. Like its predecessor, Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet malware alarms users into complying with the demands by claiming that their files are encrypted with an invincible combination of AES and RSA algorithms. It also appends either .Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet or .Joker_lucker@aol.com.dharma file extensions to mark the encrypted data. Despite how menacing the ransomware may look like, make a rush to remove Joker Lucker.
The felons of this file-encrypting threats want you to think that there are no solutions to the current problem, except one – paying the ransom. On the one hand, they may be right as the matching decryption key for the files bearing .dharma, .wallet, and .Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet file extensions, is stored in a remote Command and Control server. They encourage to contact them via firstname.lastname@example.org (in some cases – email@example.com). Later on, they supposedly send further instructions how to receive the files. As common for this type of viruses, Joker_lucker asks you to purchase bitcoins and transfer the payment details to the indicated Bitcoin address. It seems that they set different amount of ransom for each victim individually. We discourage following this scenario, as you may only suffer from financial losses and fail to recover the files. The fraudsters are not obliged in any way to send the data back. Only a few reports of recovered files are recorded. Do not nurture empty hopes and instead think rationally and proceed to Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet removal. For that purpose, ReimageIntego or Malwarebytes come in handy.
It is crucial to eliminate Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet virus as soon as possible.
The transmission techniques of the threat
Spam emails serve as the tools for hackers to manifest their misdeeds. Facebook, The FBI, Amazon, etc remain as the popular source for inspirations. They counterfeit emails or pretend to be officials or representatives of these companies and alarm you with financial reports or invoices. Note that such emails contain typo or grammar mistakes. You might also notice the mismatch in the credentials and sender‘s email. Furthermore, the crooks may send emails from such domains as @sigaint or similar. Note in case of a real message, the email’s domain corresponds with a company’s or institution’s name. In addition, keep in mind exploit kits, and that other hacking tools may carry out Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet hijack as well. In that case, install malware removal utility to lower the risk of the attack.
Is it possible to eliminate the malware completely?
Once you notice the files having the mentioned files, start Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet removal right away. Launch malware elimination utility. In case, it displays error messages or simply does not correspond to your commands; the virus must have modified the registry files of the program. In that case, follow the instructions and turn on the device in Safe mode. There are also alternative recommendations to regain access. After that, you should be able to remove Joker_lucker@aol.com virus. Take a look at data recovery tips as well.
Getting rid of Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet virus. Follow these steps
In-depth guide for the Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet elimination
This method grants access when you encounter a screen locker as well.
The elimination guide can appear too difficult if you are not tech-savvy. It requires some knowledge of computer processes since it includes system changes that need to be performed correctly. You need to take steps carefully and follow the guide avoiding any issues created due to improper setting changes. Automatic methods might suit you better if you find the guide too difficult.
Step 1. Launch Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode environment offers better results of manual virus removal
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Go to Start.
- Choose Shutdown, then Restart, and OK.
- When your computer boots, start pressing the F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) a few times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click the Start button and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to find Update & Security.
- On the left, pick Recovery.
- Scroll to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Choose 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. End questionable processes
You can rely on Windows Task Manager that finds all the random processes in the background. When the intruder is triggering any processes, you can shut them down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes.
- Look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the Process tab, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check the program in Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard again.
- Go to the Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious app and pick Disable.
Step 4. Find and eliminate virus files
Data related to the infection can be hidden in various places. Follow the steps and you can find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in) you want to clean.
- Scroll through the Files to delete and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Eliminate Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet using System Restore
Step 1: Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Go to Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- As soon as your computer starts, start pressing F8 key repeatedly before the Windows logo shows up.
- Choose Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Click on the Power button at the Windows login screen, and then press and hold Shift key on your keyboard. Then click Restart.
- Then select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and click Restart.
- Once your computer starts, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list of options in Startup Settings.
Step 2: Perform a system restore to recover files and settings
- When the Command Prompt window appears, type in cd restore and press Enter.
- Then type rstrui.exe and hit Enter..
- In a new window that shows up, click the Next button and choose a restore point that was created before the infiltration of Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet and then click on the Next button again.
- To start system restore, click Yes.
Bonus: Restore your filesUsing the tutorial provided above you should be able to eliminate Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet from the infected device. novirus.uk team has also prepared an in-depth data recovery guide which you will also find above.
There are a couple of methods you can apply to recover data encrypted by Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet:
Run Data Recovery Pro method
According to the developers of this program, the utility also helps restore deleted or damaged files as well as email messages.
- Download Data Recovery Pro;
- Install Data Recovery on your computer following the steps indicated in the software’s Setup;
- Run the program to scan your device for the data encrypted by Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet ransomware;
- Recover the data.
Windows Previous Versions function
If you have activated Safe Mode earlier, you can benefit from Windows Previous Versions function. However, this method takes more time.
- Right-click on the encrypted document you want to recover;
- Click “Properties” and navigate to “Previous versions” tab;
- In the “Folder versions” section look for the available file copies. Choose the desired version and press “Restore”.
How is ShadowExplorer beneficial?
Its key advantage comes when it uses shadow volume copies to restore the encrypted files by Joker_lucker ransomware.
- Download Shadow Explorer (http://shadowexplorer.com/);
- Install Shadow Explorer on your computer following the instructions in the software’s Setup Wizard;
- Run the program. Navigate to the menu on the top-left corner and select a disk containing your encrypted files. Look through the available folders;
- When you find the folder you want to recover, right-click it and select “Export”. Also, choose where the recovered data will be stored.
It is strongly recommended to take precautions and secure your computer from malware attacks. To protect your PC from Joker_lucker@aol.com.wallet and other dangerous viruses, you should install and keep a powerful malware removal tool, for instance, ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Prevent the government from spying on you
As there is a growing debate in government about collecting users' data and spying on citizens, you should take a closer look at this issue and find out what shady ways of gathering information can be used to collect information about you. You need to browse anonymously if you want to avoid any government-initiated spying and tracking of information.
You can enjoy secure internet browsing and minimize the risk of intrusion into your system if you use Private Internet Access VPN program. This VPN application creates a virtual private network and provides access to the required data without any content restrictions.
Control government and other third party access to your data and ensure safe web browsing. Even if you do not engage in illegal activities and trust your ISP, we recommend being careful about your security. You should take extra precautions and start using a VPN program.
Recover files damaged by a dangerous malware attack
Despite the fact that there are various circumstances that can cause data to be lost on a system, including accidental deletion, the most common reason people lose photos, documents, videos, and other important data is the infection of malware.
Some malicious programs can delete files and prevent the software from running smoothly. However, there is a greater threat from the dangerous viruses that can encrypt documents, system files, and images. Ransomware-type viruses focus on encrypting data and restricting users’ access to files, so you can permanently lose personal data when you download such a virus to your computer.
The ability to unlock encrypted files is very limited, but some programs have a data recovery feature. In some cases, the Data Recovery Pro program can help recover at least some of the data that has been locked by a virus or other cyber infection.