Ignoring AdsKeeper ads may lead to troublesome outcome
Ads Keeper operates as a PUP which is programmed to display commercial alerts. It may have entered the device when you carelessly hopped through the installation wizard stages and overlooked the add-on. When it settles on the device, the adware injects its specific scripts in the browser.
This peculiarity allows displaying a variety of advertisements, banners, and in-text ads. Due to its partnership with third-party websites, you may notice their advertisements as well. Note that such advertising tendency might leave a negative impact on the system as well. Regularly popping ads negatively affect the performance of the browser which may result in website loading problems and non-responding notifications.
Needless to say that such phenomenon does not only disturb browsing sessions but may lead you to more troublesome issues, such as redirects to potentially insecure domains. Even if the program generating these commercial messages is not a virus, but merely a potentially unwanted program, remove AdsKeeper with the assistance of Reimage Reimage Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How serious this virus is?
There are multiple adware and online advertising programs which help earn money. Naturally, there are as many questionable and potentially insecure programs. Defining this PUP as AdsKeeper virus may not be technically correct. Even if it does bother you with ads and banners, it does not threaten to inflict severe damage on the system.
Moreover, the distribution technique of this PUP may hardly be called AdsKeeper hijack. On the other hand, ignoring the presence of such program might lead to troublesome outcomes. Since this program cooperates with a number of third party online service providers and online advertisers, there is a risk that it may display the ads which direct you to poorly protected web pages.
Malvertising is also gaining popularity among felons. In short, ads may divert you to a website which harbours an exploit kit or another hidden malware.
Corrupted ads are not the only negative scenario of keeping this PUP on the device. Few users take into account that their browsing activities are visible to various browser add-ons and applications. In this relation, the program also observes your online activities and keeps such information in log files.
Usually, the data is used for statistical and service improvement purposes. Such data may be exploited for personalizing advertisements as well. However, there is also a probability that the program may also collect information which identifies you personally. If this information is accidentally compiled with the aforementioned data, your Inbox might be crammed with spam as well.
Such phenomenon also raises the probability of receiving a spam email possessing virus within. The PUP might also use retargeting techniques which make the commercial offers more annoying. Eventually, AdsKeeper redirect phenomenon might lead you to frustration.
Avoid clicking on AdsKeeper ads as they might direct you to shady domains.
Transmission techniques of the adware
Most likely, the program has settled on the device when you were installing a new application. It is a common mistake to dash through the installation guides and overlook the attachments. Likewise, users accidentally install questionable applications and toolbars.
In order to prevent such scenario in the future, select ‘Advanced’ settings. Make sure you remove unnecessary attachments before clicking the ‘Install’ button. Despite what sourced you download your applications, choose the mentioned mode of the installation. Such programs as Skype and Adobe Flash Player often contain disputable add-ons as well. Now lets us proceed to Ads Keeper removal.
AdsKeeper removal suggestions
Luckily, this PUP is not a virus and may not crash your operating system. However, it does mean that you should ignore either. For faster AdsKeeper removal, install an anti-spyware application and start the scan. Note that the program must be fully updated for it to detect all elements of the PUP.
You can also remove AdsKeeper virus with by completing the steps of the manual instructions. If you opt for the latter method, reset the browser settings. This action will eradicate adware scripts and delete unnecessary toolbars and browser extensions.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner . SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove AdsKeeper ads, follow these steps:
Uninstall AdsKeeper in Windows systems
Note that Ads Keeper removal requires attention and precision. Thus, carefully implement each step not to overlook any crucial detail.
- Go to Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, open Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, click on Windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen to open Quick Access Menu. Then click Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program.
Remove AdsKeeper and programs related to it
Now, take a look at the list of programs and find AdsKeeper or other programs that you do not remember installing.
- Right-click on these programs and select "Uninstall." Then click OK to save changes.
Uninstall AdsKeeper in Mac OS X system
- Users who use OS X should click on Go button, which can be found at the top left corner of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for AdsKeeper or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Delete AdsKeeper from Internet Explorer (IE)
Full browser reset is recommended in order to ensure full eradication of the malware./GI]
Delete suspicious browser add-ons
Launch Internet Explorer, and then open IE by clicking on the Gear icon, which is located at the top right corner of the Internet browser. Then, click Manage Add-ons.
- Manage Add-ons window will appear on your screen. Now, search for AdsKeeper and other questionable browser add-ons. Right-click them on each of them and select Disable.
If virus altered your homepage, change it:
Click the Gear icon at the top right corner of the Internet browser and then click Internet Options. Stay in General section.
- Now, delete malicious URL and enter
Reset all Internet Explorer settings
Click on Gear icon and then opt for Internet options. Then go to Advanced section.
- Click Reset.
- A new window appears, and then you have to tick Delete personal settings and click Reset to finalise AdsKeeper removal.
Delete AdsKeeper from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Delete suspicious browser extensions
Launch Mozilla Firefox, and then open menu (click a button at the top right corner). Then, go to Add-ons → Extensions.
- Now, locate AdsKeeper and other suspicious extensions. Click Remove to eliminate them.
Reset all Mozilla Firefox settings
Click on the Firefox at the top left corner and then click the question mark. Then, select Troubleshooting Information.
- Reset Firefox to its default state message should appear then. You will see Reset Firefox button. Click this button a few times and finalise AdsKeeper removal.
Delete AdsKeeper from Google Chrome
Review the list of system applications. The PUP may have 'attracted' other unwanted applications.
Remove malicious extensions
Launch Google Chrome, and then open menu (click a button at the top right corner). Then, go to Tools → Extensions.
- Now, look for AdsKeeper and other suspicious extensions and then click the trash icon to remove them.
- Open Chrome menu and go to Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- In Search Engines..., configure default search engine settings. Remove untrustworthy ones. We advise you to leave only Google or another reputable website of your choice.
Reset all Google Chrome settings
Open menu by clicking the button at the top right corner of Google Chrome, and go to Settings.
- Scroll down to find Reset browser settings button. Click on it.
- Click Reset to approve this action and finish AdsKeeper removal.
Delete AdsKeeper from Safari
Delete suspicious browser extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for AdsKeeper or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Reset all Safari settings
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete AdsKeeper removal process.