Troldesh virus Removal Guide
Description of Troldesh virus
What do I need to know about Troldesh virus and its updates?
Troldesh virus is a ransomware-type infection, which showed up several months ago. However, it still continues to cause damage to computer users. Just like other ransomware viruses, it seeks to encrypt different files, such as pictures, videos, sound, text, etc. After blocking files that are important to the victim, Troldesh ransomware changes the desktop background to the ransom note. It informs you that, in order to get your encrypted files back, you have to pay the ransom. How much the decryption key costs? We have information that victims have to pay $250 – $278 for this special key. Therefore, some people have received a discount but want to encourage you not to waste your time dealing with cyber criminals. You should focus on Troldesh removal process instead by installing ReimageIntego and running a full system scan on your computer.
After the latest update, Troldesh virus adds to encoded files .da_vinci_code and .magic_software_syndicate extensions. It is similar to other two ransomware viruses, Virus Encoder and Shade, because it uses the same AES encryption algorithm to lock the data on victim’s computer. However, Troldesh ransomware has unique feature – it adds .xtbl extension to all corrupted files. For this reason, it might be connected to these ransomware viruses as well: Green_Ray, .xtbl virus, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Ecovector. No matter that it may seem that you can guess the decryption key that you need, we will have to disappoint you by saying that the developers of Troldesh use two, public and private, keys for encrypting the files. A public key is used for data encryption, and a private key is used for file decryption. When all files are encrypted, the virus drops README.txt file on the desktop and asks the victim to contact its developers. The message is written in two languages – English and Russian. For this reason, it is believed that virus targets English and Russian-speaking countries. According to cyber criminals, it’s impossible to unlock your files without the key. However, we can assure that Troldesh virus removal is possible without the decryption key.
How does the Troldesh virus spread?
Troldesh ransomware might get into your computer through spam. Cyber security specialists often remind people about deceptive emails that are introduced as messages from governmental authorities or over serious and reputable organizations. Besides, they not only attach infected files to their emails but also create a fake website that looks almost the same as the original website. For this reason, it is easy to get tricked. If you have received a suspicious email, do not open any attachments or links that are provided there. You should contact the organization directly.
Besides, Troldesh virus can also infiltrate your computer when you visit shady websites or click on harmful pop-up ads. These ads usually offer amazing prizes and other great deals, but have nothing in common with these things. After clicking any of such ads you may let ransomware to your PC. Typically, Troldesh ransomware is installed as a Trojan called Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Shade.
Troldesh virus removal
Can you see a huge warning that informs you about locked or encrypted files? If your answer is yes, then you must scan your computer with ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or other reliable malware removal tool to remove its infected files. Automatic Troldesh removal is the most reliable method for detecting malicious files and eliminating them from the system. When Troldesh ransomware is gone, you should try to recover your data by using Data Recovery Pro and similar software. Finally, make sure you make extra copies of your important files and store them in portable hard drive or other storage solutions to protect yourself in the future.
If you face difficulties while trying to remove Troldesh from the system, check instructions provided bellow.
Getting rid of Troldesh virus. Follow these steps
In-depth guide for the Troldesh elimination
The elimination guide can appear too difficult if you are not tech-savvy. It requires some knowledge of computer processes since it includes system changes that need to be performed correctly. You need to take steps carefully and follow the guide avoiding any issues created due to improper setting changes. Automatic methods might suit you better if you find the guide too difficult.
Step 1. Launch Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode environment offers better results of manual virus removal
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Go to Start.
- Choose Shutdown, then Restart, and OK.
- When your computer boots, start pressing the F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) a few times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click the Start button and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to find Update & Security.
- On the left, pick Recovery.
- Scroll to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Choose 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. End questionable processes
You can rely on Windows Task Manager that finds all the random processes in the background. When the intruder is triggering any processes, you can shut them down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes.
- Look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the Process tab, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check the program in Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard again.
- Go to the Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious app and pick Disable.
Step 4. Find and eliminate virus files
Data related to the infection can be hidden in various places. Follow the steps and you can find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in) you want to clean.
- Scroll through the Files to delete and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Eliminate Troldesh using System Restore
Step 1: Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Go to Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- As soon as your computer starts, start pressing F8 key repeatedly before the Windows logo shows up.
- Choose Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Click on the Power button at the Windows login screen, and then press and hold Shift key on your keyboard. Then click Restart.
- Then select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and click Restart.
- Once your computer starts, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list of options in Startup Settings.
Step 2: Perform a system restore to recover files and settings
- When the Command Prompt window appears, type in cd restore and press Enter.
- Then type rstrui.exe and hit Enter..
- In a new window that shows up, click the Next button and choose a restore point that was created before the infiltration of Troldesh and then click on the Next button again.
- To start system restore, click Yes.
It is strongly recommended to take precautions and secure your computer from malware attacks. To protect your PC from Troldesh and other dangerous viruses, you should install and keep a powerful malware removal tool, for instance, ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting ransomware
A proper web browser and VPN tool can guarantee better safety
As online spying becomes an increasing problem, people are becoming more interested in how to protect their privacy. One way to increase your online security is to choose the most secure and private web browser. But if you want complete anonymity and security when surfing the web, you need Private Internet Access VPN service. This tool successfully reroutes traffic across different servers, so your IP address and location remain protected. It is also important that this tool is based on a strict no-log policy, so no data is collected and cannot be leaked or made available to first or third parties. If you want to feel safe on the internet, a combination of a secure web browser and a Private Internet Access VPN will help you.
Recover files damaged by a dangerous malware attack
Despite the fact that there are various circumstances that can cause data to be lost on a system, including accidental deletion, the most common reason people lose photos, documents, videos, and other important data is the infection of malware.
Some malicious programs can delete files and prevent the software from running smoothly. However, there is a greater threat from the dangerous viruses that can encrypt documents, system files, and images. Ransomware-type viruses focus on encrypting data and restricting users’ access to files, so you can permanently lose personal data when you download such a virus to your computer.
The ability to unlock encrypted files is very limited, but some programs have a data recovery feature. In some cases, the Data Recovery Pro program can help recover at least some of the data that has been locked by a virus or other cyber infection.