Uninstall PokemonGo virus (Free Removal Instructions)
PokemonGo virus Removal Guide
Description of PokemonGo ransomware virus
Key features of PokemonGo ransomware virus
Obsessed Pokemon Go players might be in danger because of PokemonGo ransomware which was discovered several days ago. It seems that cyber criminals decided to steal game’s identity and create a dangerous virus that can lead people to miserable position. When this virus gets into the system, it encrypts victim’s files using AES encryption named “123vivalalgerie”. After a successful encryption, virus displays a picture of the popular Pokemon called Pikachu and shows a message written in Arabic. It reports the user that, in order to get his or hers files back, he or she has to contact the fraudster and pay a specific ransom. Please, do NOT pay the ransom because you cannot be sure that hackers will give you a needed decryption key! If you are infected, you should remove PokemonGo ransomware from the system to protect your remaining files. Also, follow tips below to unblock your encrypted files. If you are infected with this threat, you can perform PokemonGo virus removal with the help of RestoroIntego.
This ransomware virus is like any other crypto-ransomware virus. It locks all files that are saved on the computer and prevents the victim from accessing them. In addition, hackers leave a ransom note on computer’s desktop named هام جدا.txt (en. Very important.txt) which reveals the message written in Arabic. The message of PokemonGo malware says that user is supposed to contact cyber criminals via provided email to receive instructions what to do next. If you have tried to guess what is asked by these criminals, you might have guessed correctly – to get your files back, you have to pay a ridiculously huge amount of money for a program that should decrypt your files. Unfortunately, as many types of researches have revealed, fraudsters rarely give a decryption key that works for victims. If you caught this cyber threat, for your own good, do not contact and pay cyber criminals. We recommend you to use PokemonGo virus removal programs and try to get your files back to you with the help of Data Recovery Pro and similar programs.
How does PokemonGo virus spread?
PokemonGo virus hijack is usually initiated similarly to other ransomware-type viruses – by using malvertising and malicious emails. This virus can be installed on your computer after opening a shady email or after downloading an infected attachment which can be found there. Even though people tend to think that only .exe files are dangerous, nowadays viruses can spread via other files as well.
Let us remind you for one more time that you should never open emails from unknown senders. Also, do NOT download their attachments to your computer. How could you recognize a suspicious email which was sent to you by hacker? Usually, frauds use poor grammar and leave a lot of mistakes even in the simplest sentences. So, if you open poorly written email, don’t trust the sender, don’t open attachments or links provided in the message. Finally, we should add that PokemonGo virus can also infiltrate computer’s system while browsing through shady and suspicious websites, and/or clicking on aggressive ads. By entering unreliable or insecure content, you might accidentally install a virus on your computer.
Instructions on how to remove PokemonGo virus
To sum up, PokemonGo virus has three main characteristics. First one is that it creates a network share on victim’s computer and copies .exe files to all drives. Second one is that it creates a new user account named “Hacke3r” with administrator privileges and keeps it hidden. That means victims can’t notice a new account in Windows login screen. It’s important to understand that this new account gives the fraud full access to victim’s computer. Third one – PokemonGo virus creates Autorun.inf file, which is meant to infect all removable drives that are plugged into the computer and encrypt all saved data.
If your files are encrypted, Before starting explaining how to remove PokemonGo ransomware, we strongly recommend taking this virus seriously and installing RestoroIntego or SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner. It’s not a simple program. It doesn’t have uninstaller. Developers have hidden uninstaller from their victims so that they could cause as much damage on victim’s computer as possible. So, to remove this malware completely, you have to update your computer’s security program, or download a new one, and scan your computer. Bear in mind that PokemonGo virus might try to block you from doing this. If it happens, follow our instructions bellow.
Getting rid of PokemonGo virus. Follow these steps
In-depth guide for the PokemonGo elimination
The elimination guide can appear too difficult if you are not tech-savvy. It requires some knowledge of computer processes since it includes system changes that need to be performed correctly. You need to take steps carefully and follow the guide avoiding any issues created due to improper setting changes. Automatic methods might suit you better if you find the guide too difficult.
Step 1. Launch Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode environment offers better results of manual virus removal
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Go to Start.
- Choose Shutdown, then Restart, and OK.
- When your computer boots, start pressing the F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) a few times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click the Start button and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to find Update & Security.
- On the left, pick Recovery.
- Scroll to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Choose 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. End questionable processes
You can rely on Windows Task Manager that finds all the random processes in the background. When the intruder is triggering any processes, you can shut them down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes.
- Look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the Process tab, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check the program in Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard again.
- Go to the Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious app and pick Disable.
Step 4. Find and eliminate virus files
Data related to the infection can be hidden in various places. Follow the steps and you can find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in) you want to clean.
- Scroll through the Files to delete and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Eliminate PokemonGo using System Restore
Step 1: Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Go to Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- As soon as your computer starts, start pressing F8 key repeatedly before the Windows logo shows up.
- Choose Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Click on the Power button at the Windows login screen, and then press and hold Shift key on your keyboard. Then click Restart.
- Then select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and click Restart.
- Once your computer starts, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list of options in Startup Settings.
Step 2: Perform a system restore to recover files and settings
- When the Command Prompt window appears, type in cd restore and press Enter.
- Then type rstrui.exe and hit Enter..
- In a new window that shows up, click the Next button and choose a restore point that was created before the infiltration of PokemonGo and then click on the Next button again.
- To start system restore, click Yes.
It is strongly recommended to take precautions and secure your computer from malware attacks. To protect your PC from PokemonGo and other dangerous viruses, you should install and keep a powerful malware removal tool, for instance, RestoroIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Prevent the government from spying on you
As there is a growing debate in government about collecting users' data and spying on citizens, you should take a closer look at this issue and find out what shady ways of gathering information can be used to collect information about you. You need to browse anonymously if you want to avoid any government-initiated spying and tracking of information.
You can enjoy secure internet browsing and minimize the risk of intrusion into your system if you use Private Internet Access VPN program. This VPN application creates a virtual private network and provides access to the required data without any content restrictions.
Control government and other third party access to your data and ensure safe web browsing. Even if you do not engage in illegal activities and trust your ISP, we recommend being careful about your security. You should take extra precautions and start using a VPN program.
Recover files damaged by a dangerous malware attack
Despite the fact that there are various circumstances that can cause data to be lost on a system, including accidental deletion, the most common reason people lose photos, documents, videos, and other important data is the infection of malware.
Some malicious programs can delete files and prevent the software from running smoothly. However, there is a greater threat from the dangerous viruses that can encrypt documents, system files, and images. Ransomware-type viruses focus on encrypting data and restricting users’ access to files, so you can permanently lose personal data when you download such a virus to your computer.
The ability to unlock encrypted files is very limited, but some programs have a data recovery feature. In some cases, the Data Recovery Pro program can help recover at least some of the data that has been locked by a virus or other cyber infection.