Reasons to remove InitialSite123.com hijacker right now
InitialSite123.com virus is a shady ad-supported browser hijacker that configures browser’s settings without asking for user’s permission first. It starts redirecting the user to hxxp://initialsite123.com page every time the user starts a web browser or launches a new tab. In fact, it is very similar to Initialpage123.com virus, which possesses the same characteristics as InitialSite123 hijacker. It is set to promote a particular search engine that keeps reappearing in user’s browser, and unfortunately, it can be very hard to get rid of it. This potentially unwanted program (PUP) might even install additional components such as browser helpers to make the described search engine remain the default one and to root it out from the system, you might even need to use an anti-spyware software. In case your browser was hijacked already, and you cannot remove InitialSite123.com no mater how hard you try, we recommend using Reimage for its removal.
We do not recommend using InitialSite123 search services because you might get a generous amount of ads instead of relevant search results. Therefore, if you value your time, it would be a good idea to use a different search engine. Otherwise, you will be forced to waste time trying to scroll through ads just to reach organic search results. It is also possible to experience unexpected redirections to third-party websites without even intending to do so, so if you happen to experience one of such redirects all of a sudden, make sure you do not click on suspicious links provided by external websites and for sure bypass strange suggestions to install certain programs or software updates. In case your browser starts redirecting you to suspicious gambling sites or websites created for adults, take actions to uninstall the browser hijacker that controls your web browser. InitialSite123.com removal that we inserted at the end of this post will help you to uninstall the hijacker manually. If these instructions seem confusing, ease the task and simply perform a system check using automatic spyware/malware removal tool.
Protect your computer from potentially unwanted programs
The easiest way to defend your computer from suspicious browser hijackers and ad-supported programs is to download programs from verified and trustworthy sources only. Of course, that is not enough; you should also check what’s written in software installation wizards, which frequently suggest installing extra programs alongside main ones. Such software packages are also known as software bundles, and in order to protect the computer from PUPs, users should decompose them. To remove unwanted additions and install the right programs only, we suggest choosing Custom or Advanced software installation settings. These settings will reveal additions bundled with your desired program and give you a chance to review them and refuse to install them. Default and Standard settings might look trustworthy at first, however, choosing these won’t allow you to configure components added to your chosen software and all extras will be installed without even notifying you.
How to remove InitialSite123.com from Chrome and Firefox?
You can try and remove InitialSite123.com virus by yourself because this suspicious program is less sophisticated than the majority of computer viruses. It, in fact, is a potentially unwanted program, however, finding its components can be tricky. You can use the tutorial that is given below, however, if you miss some of the intolerable components, bear in mind that they can be used to reinstall this suspicious program on the system. Therefore, to carry out an absolute InitialSite123.com removal, we recommend using tested and reputable programs such as Reimage.
You can remove virus damage automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes. We recommend these applications because they detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove InitialSite123.com virus, follow these steps:
Uninstall InitialSite123.com in Windows systems
InitialSite123 can hide in the system under various different names, so it is important to detect and uninstall every shady piece of software, especially if it was installed without your knowledge. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, open Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, click on Windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen to open Quick Access Menu. Then click Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program.
- Remove InitialSite123.com and programs related to it
Now, take a look at the list of programs and find InitialSite123.com or other programs that you do not remember installing.
- Right-click on these programs and select "Uninstall." Then click OK to save changes.
- Delete InitialSite123.com from Windows shortcuts
Right-click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and click Properties.
- Now, go to Shortcut tab and find Target field. Then delete the URL that is associated with your virus.
Follow the same steps as explained above with all other shortcuts of Internet browsers, including Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Please check Start Menu, Desktop, and taskbar to find all shortcuts.WindowsMac OS XFirefoxGoogle Chrome
Uninstall InitialSite123.com in Mac OS X system
In case this browser hijacker successfully attacks your Mac OS X, follow these guidelines to eradicate it.
- Users who use OS X should click on Go button, which can be found at the top left corner of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for InitialSite123.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Delete InitialSite123.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Fix Firefox by removing unwanted extensions from it. To find the list of them, follow these steps and look at the pictures provided here.
Delete suspicious browser extensions
Launch Mozilla Firefox, and then open menu (click a button at the top right corner). Then, go to Add-ons → Extensions.
- Now, locate InitialSite123.com and other suspicious extensions. Click Remove to eliminate them.
If virus altered your homepage, change it:
Open Firefox menu (click the button at the top right corner), and go to Options → General.
- Delete malicious URL and then enter the address of the website that you want to set as your homepage.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Reset all Mozilla Firefox settings
Click on the Firefox at the top left corner and then click the question mark. Then, select Troubleshooting Information.
- Reset Firefox to its default state message should appear then. You will see Reset Firefox button. Click this button a few times and finalise InitialSite123.com removal.
Delete InitialSite123.com from Google Chrome
If you want to reverse changes made to Chrome’s settings, follow these instructions and remove extensions that have anything to do with InitialSite123. Get rid of extensions that were added without your consent and also those that raise your suspicions.
Remove malicious extensions
Launch Google Chrome, and then open menu (click a button at the top right corner). Then, go to Tools → Extensions.
- Now, look for InitialSite123.com and other suspicious extensions and then click the trash icon to remove them.
If virus altered your homepage, change it:
Open menu and select Settings.
- Find Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup section and click Set pages.
- An additional window should pop-up. Here, remove dubious URLs and add a new page that you wish to set as a homepage.
- Open Chrome menu and go to Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- In Search Engines..., configure default search engine settings. Remove untrustworthy ones. We advise you to leave only Google or another reputable website of your choice.
Reset all Google Chrome settings
Open menu by clicking the button at the top right corner of Google Chrome, and go to Settings.
- Scroll down to find Reset browser settings button. Click on it.
- Click Reset to approve this action and finish InitialSite123.com removal.