JSMiner-C Removal Guide
Description of JSMiner-C
JS:Miner-c – malware which eats your CPU power to mine cryptocurrency illegally
JS:Miner-c - a trojan which infiltrates the system without the user's permission.
JS:Miner-c is a malicious application that falls into the category of a trojan horse. It infiltrates the system unnoticed and uses targeted system's resources to illegally mine cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Monero. Notice, all actions are done without the user's permission. The computer will face slowdowns as JS:Miner-c trojan will use more than 70% of the CPU power which might shorten its lasting. Such activity has only one purpose – to bring income for cybercriminals.
|Purpose||To mine cryptocurrency on targeted computers without the user's permission|
|Symptoms||High CPU usage, programs launch slowly, no ability to fastly minimize/maximize windows|
|Danger||Medium. Can result in hardware wear and tear, as well as increased electric bills|
If you got your computer infected by JS:Miner-c, you may notice these symptoms:
- CPU usage has increased;
- Software does not run as quickly as it should;
- You are not able to maximize and minimize various windows fast anymore;
- Your computer is working slower than before and facing various struggles.
Cryptocurrency mining is not illegal if it is done with permission – it is an excellent alternative for website developers, so they can use some of the visitors' CPU power instead of displaying annoying advertisements. Nevertheless, the site owner needs to let users know that such activity is taking place. Otherwise, such monetizing method becomes an illegal act. Additionally, crooks that inject JS:Miner-c to secretly abuse victims' computers are criminals.
JS:Miner-c is malware which might cause the installation of various PUPS.
Nevertheless, JS:Miner-c has other intruding features. It might lead you to questionable websites and cause a PUP infiltration such as browser hijackers, ad-supported programs, and other Trojan horses. Your computer resources such as the CPU usage will be used highly. To avoid these dangerous actions, you need to remove JS:Miner-c from your operating system. We recommend using ReimageIntego for this process.
You should take care of the JS:Miner-c removal as soon as you spot any of the symptoms. Do not hesitate as your computer will become slower with each passing day, and can eventually lead to destruction. As soon as you delete JS:Miner-c from your machine, you will be able to run programs as usual.
Cybercriminals use JS:Miner-c harmful program for one purpose - to mine cryptocurrency on other computers. Keep your computer protected from trojans and other malware
Trojans are especially dangerous kind of malware because it can sneak in unnoticed, and can remain in the system for a long time before it is detected. That is another reason to obtain and install reputable security software on your computer. Nevertheless, it might still be not enough, because detection of the virus depends on a database of the AV engine. In other words, somebody has to get infected for the researchers to start marking it as malicious and giving it a name.
Therefore, the best thing you can do is not to get infected in the first place. It is true that it is still not 100%, but the knowledge of malware distribution can definitely reduce the chances of the virus infiltration.
The first thing you should remember is to stay away from spam emails. These malicious letters can look legitimate, and carry an attachment or a link which, when clicked, would immediately distribute malware's payload. Thus, learn to recognize phishing emails and don't get scammed.
Another popular spot for malware is file-sharing and torrent sites. Do not download codecs, missing system files, illegal software, cracks and similar onto your PC, because any kind of executable can carry a virus inside. What is more, porn, online casinos, free online gaming and other dubious sites should be avoided as well, as they are known as being less secure and are easily hacked by cybercriminals.
Clean your PC from JS:Miner-c trojan horse
To remove JS:Miner-c you will need to lean on an automatic method as manual elimination might be hard to achieve and can cause even more damage to your computer system. Try using trustworthy anti-malware tools like ReimageIntego or Malwarebytes.
Trojan horse is a sophisticated malware that is capable of performing several activities to block security software. In such case, enter Safe Mode with Networking (as explained below) and start system scan from there. After you perform the JS:Miner-c removal, you can go back to normal computer operation.
Getting rid of JSMiner-C. Follow these steps
In-depth guide for the JSMiner-C elimination
To be able to get rid of JS:Miner-c, enter Safe Mode with Networking:
The elimination guide can appear too difficult if you are not tech-savvy. It requires some knowledge of computer processes since it includes system changes that need to be performed correctly. You need to take steps carefully and follow the guide avoiding any issues created due to improper setting changes. Automatic methods might suit you better if you find the guide too difficult.
Step 1. Launch Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode environment offers better results of manual virus removal
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Go to Start.
- Choose Shutdown, then Restart, and OK.
- When your computer boots, start pressing the F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) a few times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click the Start button and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to find Update & Security.
- On the left, pick Recovery.
- Scroll to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Choose 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. End questionable processes
You can rely on Windows Task Manager that finds all the random processes in the background. When the intruder is triggering any processes, you can shut them down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes.
- Look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the Process tab, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check the program in Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard again.
- Go to the Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious app and pick Disable.
Step 4. Find and eliminate virus files
Data related to the infection can be hidden in various places. Follow the steps and you can find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in) you want to clean.
- Scroll through the Files to delete and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Eliminate JSMiner-C using System Restore
You can also try to disable the malware using System Restore:
Step 1: Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Go to Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- As soon as your computer starts, start pressing F8 key repeatedly before the Windows logo shows up.
- Choose Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Click on the Power button at the Windows login screen, and then press and hold Shift key on your keyboard. Then click Restart.
- Then select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and click Restart.
- Once your computer starts, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list of options in Startup Settings.
Step 2: Perform a system restore to recover files and settings
- When the Command Prompt window appears, type in cd restore and press Enter.
- Then type rstrui.exe and hit Enter..
- In a new window that shows up, click the Next button and choose a restore point that was created before the infiltration of JSMiner-C and then click on the Next button again.
- To start system restore, click Yes.
It is strongly recommended to take precautions and secure your computer from malware attacks. To protect your PC from JSMiner-C and other dangerous viruses, you should install and keep a powerful malware removal tool, for instance, ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting malware
Prevent the government from spying on you
As there is a growing debate in government about collecting users' data and spying on citizens, you should take a closer look at this issue and find out what shady ways of gathering information can be used to collect information about you. You need to browse anonymously if you want to avoid any government-initiated spying and tracking of information.
You can enjoy secure internet browsing and minimize the risk of intrusion into your system if you use Private Internet Access VPN program. This VPN application creates a virtual private network and provides access to the required data without any content restrictions.
Control government and other third party access to your data and ensure safe web browsing. Even if you do not engage in illegal activities and trust your ISP, we recommend being careful about your security. You should take extra precautions and start using a VPN program.
Reduce the threat of viruses by backing up your data
Due to their own careless behavior, computer users can suffer various losses caused by cyber infections. Viruses can affect the functionality of the software or directly corrupt data on your system by encrypting it. These problems can disrupt the system and cause you to lose personal data permanently. There is no such threat if you have the latest backups, as you can easily recover lost data and get back to work.
It is recommended to update the backups in parallel each time the system is modified. This way, you will be able to access the latest saved data after an unexpected virus attack or system failure. By having the latest copies of important documents and projects, you will avoid serious inconveniences. File backups are especially useful if malware attacks your system unexpectedly. We recommend using the Data Recovery Pro program to restore the system.