Globe virus Removal Guide
Description of Globe ransomware virus
What is known about Globe ransomware virus?
If you want to protect yourself from Globe ransomware, you should pay more attention to your email inbox and think twice before opening email attachments. According to IT specialists, this new virus has just started spreading around via harmful email attachments. The first victims of this virus were countries in Central Asia but there is no guarantee that this ransomware will stop its distribution there. Besides, it is still believed that the virus is still in the development stage and soon can become even more dangerous.
Globe virus belongs to ransomware category and works similarly to other ransomware-type viruses. Once it gets into the computer, it encrypts victim’s files. However, instead of AES encryption method used by other ransomware threats, Globe uses Blowfish data encryption mode. Cyber security specialists have described this virus as a very aggressive threat as it can corrupt files that are located in Program Files and local drives. Moreover, it turns off Windows Startup Repair and deletes all shadow copies what leads its victims to increased problems while trying to decrypt encrypted data. Every time user starts the computer, the virus continues its encryption procedure. For this reason, victims have to remove Globe from their computers as soon as possible. To restore blocked files, hackers offer users to install file-decrypting software and pay the ransom. According to crooks, it’s the only way to restore corrupted files. The size of the ransom varies from 1 to 3 bitcoins. However, we do not recommend installing any decryptors or paying ransoms for such cyber criminals. It can turn into a waste of money and time because hackers have been actively failing to give people decryption keys and other codes needed to decrypt encrypted data. For this reason, you should concentrate on Globe removal and then use special programs developed by security researchers to unblock your files. To remove this ransomware, please, install ReimageIntego.
How does this virus infiltrate computers?
Nowadays, hackers have became quite smart and persuasive – they pretend to be representatives of governmental institutions, banks, and other reliable organizations. Once they falsify tax return forms and any other documents, they attach them to peacefully-looking emails that encourage people to open the attached document. Usually, that’s how Globe ransomware and similar viruses get into the system. If you receive a suspicious email, you should always double check the sender and the message body. You can look for sender’s name online or call institution directly just to make sure that this message is real. Bear in mind that you should never open emails from unknown senders or open any links and attachments from shady senders. Otherwise, you can get infected with Globe virus or similar malware.
The best way to remove Globe from the PC
Ransomware-type viruses are seriously harmful cyber infections. So, their removal can be quite difficult and complicated. As we mentioned before, Globe virus is still in the development phase, so it’s better to get rid of it before it becomes a seriously threatening virus. For automatic Globe removal, we recommend these programs: ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Malwarebytes. For the best result, make sure you update them to their latest versions before running a full system scan. This is the only way to make sure that they will help you delete all malicious components.
If you have troubles with automatic virus removal, you should unblock your anti-spyware with the help of the following steps and try to remove Globe again. Unfortunately, but virus removal will not bring your encrypted files back to you. Security programs cannot decrypt locked files. To restore your files, you should use Shadow Explorer and similar recovery program. To protect your data from further ransomware attacks, make sure you backup your files and keep them in external storage. Bear in mind that you should never plug your external hard drive or similar storage devices to infected PC. The ransomware virus might infect files these devices too.
Getting rid of Globe virus. Follow these steps
In-depth guide for the Globe elimination
The elimination guide can appear too difficult if you are not tech-savvy. It requires some knowledge of computer processes since it includes system changes that need to be performed correctly. You need to take steps carefully and follow the guide avoiding any issues created due to improper setting changes. Automatic methods might suit you better if you find the guide too difficult.
Step 1. Launch Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode environment offers better results of manual virus removal
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Go to Start.
- Choose Shutdown, then Restart, and OK.
- When your computer boots, start pressing the F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) a few times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click the Start button and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to find Update & Security.
- On the left, pick Recovery.
- Scroll to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Choose 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. End questionable processes
You can rely on Windows Task Manager that finds all the random processes in the background. When the intruder is triggering any processes, you can shut them down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes.
- Look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the Process tab, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check the program in Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard again.
- Go to the Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious app and pick Disable.
Step 4. Find and eliminate virus files
Data related to the infection can be hidden in various places. Follow the steps and you can find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in) you want to clean.
- Scroll through the Files to delete and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Eliminate Globe using System Restore
Step 1: Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Go to Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- As soon as your computer starts, start pressing F8 key repeatedly before the Windows logo shows up.
- Choose Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Click on the Power button at the Windows login screen, and then press and hold Shift key on your keyboard. Then click Restart.
- Then select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and click Restart.
- Once your computer starts, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list of options in Startup Settings.
Step 2: Perform a system restore to recover files and settings
- When the Command Prompt window appears, type in cd restore and press Enter.
- Then type rstrui.exe and hit Enter..
- In a new window that shows up, click the Next button and choose a restore point that was created before the infiltration of Globe and then click on the Next button again.
- To start system restore, click Yes.
It is strongly recommended to take precautions and secure your computer from malware attacks. To protect your PC from Globe and other dangerous viruses, you should install and keep a powerful malware removal tool, for instance, ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting ransomware
A proper web browser and VPN tool can guarantee better safety
As online spying becomes an increasing problem, people are becoming more interested in how to protect their privacy. One way to increase your online security is to choose the most secure and private web browser. But if you want complete anonymity and security when surfing the web, you need Private Internet Access VPN service. This tool successfully reroutes traffic across different servers, so your IP address and location remain protected. It is also important that this tool is based on a strict no-log policy, so no data is collected and cannot be leaked or made available to first or third parties. If you want to feel safe on the internet, a combination of a secure web browser and a Private Internet Access VPN will help you.
Reduce the threat of viruses by backing up your data
Due to their own careless behavior, computer users can suffer various losses caused by cyber infections. Viruses can affect the functionality of the software or directly corrupt data on your system by encrypting it. These problems can disrupt the system and cause you to lose personal data permanently. There is no such threat if you have the latest backups, as you can easily recover lost data and get back to work.
It is recommended to update the backups in parallel each time the system is modified. This way, you will be able to access the latest saved data after an unexpected virus attack or system failure. By having the latest copies of important documents and projects, you will avoid serious inconveniences. File backups are especially useful if malware attacks your system unexpectedly. We recommend using the Data Recovery Pro program to restore the system.